Dressings

As any regular follower of this blog knows, we eat a great deal of salad around here.  I am not a great fan of the ones I find in the store.   I have always made my own basil vinaigrette for my caprese salads but that is an in the moment and does not keep.  I have also been making more "dressed" salads, like my asian slaw and strawberry spinach

But that still left me struggling with my regular green salad.  So this summer I undertook to make my own.  I came up with two that are super easy and fast becoming staples.  I put them in my little jelly jars and just shake to mix.

Honey Mustard Dressing
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
pinch of salt.

Asian Ginger Dressing
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
2 TBS grated ginger (done on the microplane)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children