George Washington

Don't judge a book by its cover.  That is our motto around here.  Froggy will reject lots of books she later ends up enjoying because of the cover.  Well I almost rejected this book not just because of the cover but the language and style as well.  It is part of the Ambleside Year 1curriculm so I figured I would give it a try even though it seemed lacking.

We were not scheduled to read it yet but Froggy brought it to me and requested it.  We read it slowly as suggested, talking about the various events and places in the book taking about a week to go through it as recommended.  Froggy was surprisingly enthralled.  She has been carrying the book around with her since rereading it.  She talks about George Washington and his adventures frequently. 

I had my doubts about Ambleside history but for American History at least it is working. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children