Menu Planning Monday - 15 Adar II

First the review -  I am so loving my new cookbook, Kosher By Design: Teen and 20-Something.  All the recipes we have tried have been tremendous hits with at least two of the household even if not all.  The chicken dippers were such a hit they are making a repeat appearance this week.  The recommended amount of chicken was not sufficient and I will double it this time.  I do not need to make dipping sauce again though.  The potatoes and pears are going on my Shabbat side dish list and I am decreasing the syrup to 3/4c.
We ended up with merguines sandwich cookies with ganache filling for Shabbat dessert.  It was fantastic and will be making a reappearance during Pesach

We also made dairy-free blintzes that were an absolutely tremendous success.  It felt so good to finally be able to eat blintzes again.

Then the menu
Sunday - Tofu stirfry,  and rice
Monday - pasta with sauce, salad and garlic bread
Tuesday - breakfast for dinner - pancakes and eggs
Wednesday- chicken dippers, carrot sticks (uncooked this time) and apple slices
Thursday - out
Friday-I am calling this Shabbat ala 20-Something since most of the recipes come from this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children