Tu B' Shevat

Yesterday we celebrated Tu B'Shevat.  We sang and danced.  Carol Boyd Leon has a couple of really cute songs, I Want to Be a Tree and Tu Tu Tu B'Shevat that Froggy and I both love.  We spent time outdoors admiring the trees and even brought in some seeds to plant - not that I expect them to ever grow up to be trees. 

For the first year ever, Froggy participated in the "Plant A Tree In Israel" program that helped me learn about Tu B'Shevat when I was her age.

We also read some old and new favorite Tu B'Shevat books.  Making its annual return was the well loved Grandpa and Me on Tu B'Shevat.  Much to my dismay Froggy also pulled out Sammy Spider's First Tu B'Shevat.  I refused to read it to her but she read it to her dolls and Acorn.  New this year based on a recommendation from Homeshuling is A Tree Named Steve.

Froggy drew lots and lots of trees this week as she learned about Ayin and עצ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children