Menu Planning Monday - 26 Tevet 5771

Between all the holidays, visitors and traveling, we have not had a regular menu in what feels like ages.  We are home for Shabbat this week and then back out traveling again the following week. I am really going to enjoy cooking and being normal even if just for a brief bit. I must say I am also very much enjoying having someone else who will eat soup with me.  Daddy and I both enjoy soup but not the same kinds.  Froggy won't eat either but Acorn will eat any kind of soup with great enjoyment. I made a big batch of split pea soup (recipe below) as soon as we got home because Acorn enjoyed it so much at the Grandparents.  I had never made it before because I knew I could not eat a full batch before tiring of it.  Sharing it with Acorn we will easily finish it.


Sunday - Roast Chicken, stuffing, peas and carrots.
Monday - Meatloaf, acorn squash, green beans
Tuesday - Homemade Pasta Sauce, Salad, and Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Soup and Sandwiches after Family Swim Night
Thursday - Leftovers
Friday - Challah, Sweet Salmon, rice, sesame broccoli, carrot salad, chocolate fondue per Daddy's request.

Easiet Split Pea Soup Ever
 Cook ~ 4oz turkey bacon until crisp in a heavy 4qt or larger stockpot. Set aside to cool.
Chop 1/2 onion and 1 large carrot
Saute onion and carrot in bacon grease.
Add 6 cups chicken broth, 1 pkg split peas and  crumbled bacon.
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer until peas are tender.

The End. It is delicious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children