Science Sunday - More Friction

This week we continued our study of Friction.  We used two different cans, one with rubberbands  and one without to see which would roll fastest down the ramp we created.


That was the presentation I gave Froggy.  She tested both cans several times to see which was fastest.
Then she hypothesized why.  First idea was that the fast can was empty so it went faster. She checked out the can.  Nope it was full just like the other.
And that was where she lost interest.  It took all my creativity to keep her with me through the explanation.  I pulled out our car from last week and reminded her about how getting the wheels on it made it go so much farther.   As soon as I got her focus she understood about the friction but she was not interested at all.  I cannot wait to do our coop where hopefully the children will inspire one another.

For more fun with science, check out this week's Science Sunday link-up, at Adventures in Mommydom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children