Menu Planning Monday

I am not sure why but something in me made me totally revise our Shabbat menu on the fly last week. We ended up with Pot Roast, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli and Pudding pops for dessert. Everything was delicious except the pudding pops. I don't know why. This is my second attempt at them and they are better than the first pass but still awful.

Summer is starting to wind down and I am starting to crave some of the lovely Fall foods. It may in part be coming from a need to plan my Yom Tov meals. There will be six festive meals I need to make in the span of 3 weeks. I want each one to be different and fun and festive. Yet I need to manage my time so I am not in the kitchen constantly and everything is ready before the Yom Tov. Luckily we will be spending the Shabbat after Rosh Hashana with friends so I do not need to cook for that.

Monday - Picnic - Tuna Burgers, veggie sticks, dip, fruit salad and cookies
Tuesday - coconut chicken nuggets, sweet potato fries, green beans (we never got to this last week)
Wednesday - Sloppy Joes, peas and fruit.
Thursday - Pasta with homemade sauce, garlic bread and salad
Shabbat - Challah,Maple Sugar Salmon,rice,keem, stirfried baby bokchoy, rhubard almond tart

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy! How do you do your coconut chicken nuggets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer - Thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten to add the links.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm craving fall foods too! I think it is due to the emergence of butternut squash, kale, sweet potatoes, and apples at the farmer's market. On a cool, rainy day like today nothing sounds better than homemade cinnamon apple sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children