Warm Roasted Beet Salad

The beets are fresh and attractive at my farmers market right now so I thought I would try again to get the family to eat them. Since all root vegetables taste better roasted I hope this is a sell. They smelled so good as I roasted them, it was hard not to yum them up right then. This recipe is from Gardeners Community Cookbook

Ingredients
1 lb beets topped and rinsed. I used 3 different varieties including a striped yellow variety. I also cut mine in half
2 cups arugula washed and dried
3 TBS orange juice
1 TBS rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 TBS olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F Roast beets for 1 hr Remove and cool enough to handle
Once cool slip the skins off and slice into thin rounds.

The recipe says place the beets in bowl with other ingredients and toss to mix. Personally I make the dressing separately and then toss it with the beets and arugula.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children