Welcome Spring

This year March is coming in like a lamb. Today for the first time in ages, we actually went outside. We saw the beginnings of several bulbs coming up, at least in those places where there were not holes from the squirrels.

I cleaned up the vegetable garden and opened it up for spring. I turned the soil and added compost, homemade compost for the first time ever. It was glorious to be out in the sun and feel the dirt in my hands.

I planted spinach and lettuce. Yes it is only March 1st but I bought a cold frame for just this reason. I am hoping that I can get 3 full plantings in the same plot by starting this early.

Welcome March. You are promising to be so much kinder than February.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children