Friday Finds - The Vor Series

As part of my 999 Literary Challenge, I am reading many books I would not have otherwise investigated. In doing so I apparently discovered a new series. I did not realize when I started The Vor Game that I was starting in the middle of a series. I do not as a rule enjoy space odysseys but this one is holding my attention well. I will need to go back and investigate the rest of the series. It is a full series which explores the characters in depth. Miles Vorkosigan has serious birth defects in a culture that is phobic about genetic mutations. Yet he manages to overcome those challenges and become a military officer.

Here is the complete list in order chonologically according to the story time line.

Shards of Honor
Barayar
(these two books are also combined into "Cordelia's Honor")
The Warrior's Apprentice
Short Story: The Mountains of Mourning
(all short stories are contained in "Borders of Infinity")
The Vor Game
Cetaganda
Ethan of Athos
Short Story: Labyrinth
Short Story: The Borders of Infinity
Brothers in Arms
The Borders of Infinity
Mirror Dance
Memory
Komarr
A Civil Campaign
Diplomatic Immunity

So what book did you end up enjoying quite unexpectedly?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children