Themes and Plans for March

Themes & Plans for March

March brings breezes loud and shrill, stirs the dancing daffodil ...

So tell me friends, how does March greet you today? As a LION or a LAMB? Or perhaps somewhere in between?

Here in my little corner of the world March is a lamb this year. We are under a Winter Weather Advisory as I type. It has been a bizarre winter with teases of spring sprinkled through and no where near enough snow for my tastes. I am definitely feeling ready for spring. And though he is a fickle friend, March does bring with him spring's first tidings - a mild breeze, crocuses and early tulips, and the all important Cherry Blossoms

And so, with faith in spring's return, I offer you some ...

~ Themes and Plans for March ~

Nature

  • Draw plans for Sunflower Garden
  • a landscape reawaking, with color popping out to say hello
  • the old March wind arrives to blow winter away
  • blackbirds returning (that squeaky gate sound)
  • drip, drip, drip - rain lots of rain
  • forsythia blushing yellow
  • The Full Sap Moon (10)
  • sowing seeds indoors
  • the first tiny crocus appears
  • the sun gains warmth; the days lengthen
  • fox sparrows passing through
  • and maybe one last snowstorm
Chumash/Liturgy:
  • Purim (10th)
  • Rosh Chodesh (26)
  • Passover Preparations begin immediately after Purim
Household
  • Make Shalach Manos Baskets
  • Get Ready For Passover - This will be a whole post itself
  • Clear out all the dead leaves
  • Powerwash and seal the deck
  • Paint the interior of the house
  • Plan garden plots.
  • Start seeds indoors.
  • Purchase fresh sandbox sand.
  • Put windowboxes up; fill with hardy pansies!

Life

  • National Craft Month
  • National Hobby Month
  • American Red Cross Month
  • National Nutrition Month
  • Irish-American Heritage Month
  • National Umbrella Month
  • March Madness
  • Peanut Butter Lovers Day (1)
  • Iditarod begins (1)
  • Dr. Seuss's birthday (2)
  • Alexander Graham Bell's birthday (3)
  • Antonio Vivaldi's birthday (4)
  • Elizabeth Barrett Browning's birthday (6)
  • Daylight Savings Time begins (8)
  • National Mario Day (10)
  • Uranus discovered (13)
  • National Pi Day (14)
  • Albert Einstein's birthday (14)
  • Horton Hears a Who released (14)
  • The Ides of March (15)
  • National Agriculture Day (20)
  • First Day of Spring (20)

Book Basket

Field Trips & Outings

  • Annual Field trip to buy Passover foods
  • Visit new lambs at farm
  • Purim Shpeil at shul
  • Purim Carnivals
  • Purim parade to deliver baskets

Crafts & Activities

Now, I am compelled to mention (as I always do) that in no way do I mean to suggest that my family will be observing each and every one of these March ideas! I am keeping all these themes and plans in a notebook, however, and my hope is to refer back to them each year as I plan out the seasons for my family. I hope that you find them helpful, too. :)

And I hope your March is just lovely ~ whether wild or mild!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children