One Month In - 999 Update

As January comes to a close I thought it might be useful to check in and see how I am doing on my 999 Literary Challenge, a pledge to read 9 books in 9 catagories in 2009. I have completed significantly more books than I had expected to by this point in time. I have completed 8 books so far which is a terrific start. Having the books on my book reader so that I can read them while I am putting Froggy to sleep makes all the difference and is why certain catagories will be harder than others.

I did not find the books I had hoped at the Science Fiction/Fantasy convention we went to, so I am still looking for some good recommendations for fantasy books. I seem to be on a roll with the Hugo Award Winners. I just finished Where Late The Sweet Bird Sings. If you like post-apocalyptic world studies, you will love it. I am now reading a time travel Hugo Award winner, The Doomsday Book. I am enjoying it thus far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children