Pumpkin Cookies

All year long I crave pumpkin foods. But I tend to be alone in that so I don't indulge. This time of year, everyone else wants them to so I am free to indulge to my hearts content.

Here is one of my favorite - Pumpkin Cookies

Ingredients

* 1 cup applesauce
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup pumpkin puree
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts

Directions

Add applesauce, sugar pumpkin, egg and vanilla; beat well.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg.
Add to wet mixture; blending well.
Stir in raisins and chopped pecans.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake pumpkin cookies at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes.

Makes about 36 pumpkin cookies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children