Sprouts and Shoots

For Tu B'Shevat, we planted parsley and some other seeds in a indoor starter kit and placed it on a wire shelving unit in front of a large window. Every day since we have dutifully checked the box. Nothing until today. This morning there is green in our box. Tiny, tiny seedlings that look nothing like plants yet. After our previous attempts at growing seeds in which nothing happened, Froggy was thrilled to see even this minimal progress.

I am getting excited about gardening with her. We got Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children based on a recommendation from one of my favorite blogs. I hope to do three of the projects described in the book with her this spring. I know. I know. It isn't even February yet and I am already planning my spring gardening. But that is what gets me through the cold of winter.

Comments

  1. So wonderful that you are already planning your planting.

    I hope that my book Roots Shoots Buckets & Boots will be a good resource for you.

    I am working on a new book right now for Workman Publishing and it is all about cooking, indoor gardening, nature and art for children to share with adults. Blessings to you, Sharon Lovejoy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WFMW - Sewing Machine

Its Giveaway Time Again - Cooking and Kids

Book Giveway - Children